I totally feel you at the end of the night when you dread doing the nightly walk around the house to scoop up all the toys your kids have left out through the day. I do it nightly and each time I feel two things: blessed that my children have an overabundance of toys they can play with and annoyed that my children have an overabundance of toys they don’t play with. I keep wracking my mind as what to get them this year and one things comes to mind – they don’t need many more toys. Plus, a great life lesson that I need to teach them is to share that wealth of toys and donate to other kids. So then, what do you get the kids that don’t NEED any actual Toys?
I know I cant be the only one struggling on this end of the toy-totem pole therefore I sat down and compiled an awesome list of 2016’s Not-So-Toy Holiday Gift Guide that your children will love opening Christmas morning! Click on the links below to check out each item and again, these are kiddo Tested and Mama approved.
- The Land of Nod “A Teepee To Call Your Own” in Speckled – Your little ones will love this little hideaway to imagine and pretend! Exclusive from The Land of Nod, the teepee uses bamboo poles and 100% canvas with easy set up for active play and comes in many patterns and colors. You’ll hit the target with this special play house teepee as a gift! LandofNod.com , retail $119
- Hunter Original Gloss Wellington Rain Boots – You and your little one can match after you snag a pair of these Kids Unisex Hunter Rain boots. These cute boots feature the same iconic styles as The Original Tall Hunter Boots and carry the same durability. Splash in puddles or wear for style, these boots will be a great gift to unwrap for Christmas. Amazon.com , retail $64 – $99
3. Papallou Lion Print Pajama Set– Snuggle up with this precious lion print pajama set from Papallou. These PJ’s feature softness and exceptional nighttime comfort made with premium 100% cotton and careful attention to detail. Tagless, self fabric labels and fitted design with flat seems makes these super comfy, especially for kids with sensitivities. Amazon.com , retail $17.99
4. Janie and Jack Hooded Toggle Coat – Get ready for the most adorable kiddo in the world to grace your presence in this jacket by Janie and Jack! Cozy for the season, this coat features charming toggle buttons and welt pockets. A hood with faux-fur trim finishes the piece in style. JanieandJack.com , retail $89
5. Seedling Activity Kits – These are genius little lifesavers that every kid and mama LOVE! Seedling is one of my favorite brands because they saw a need and ran with it. Creativity will flow when you give your child one of the hundreds of Activity or Art kits that are delightfully packaged with all the craft essentials you and your little one will need. Partnering with Disney and The Maze, these are a moms dream for a planned activity day without the hassle. Whether you want to design your own superhero cape, create your very own Little Mermaid tail or butterfly wings or design your very own maze, these kits provide endless hours of creative learning. I am completely obsessed with all the Seedling kits and my twins stocking will be loaded with these this year! Seedling.com or Amazon.com , retail from $9.99 to $39.99 (Check out Black Friday Deals! And get free shipping!)
6. Ozobot STEM Robot – I think I am going to ask Santa for one of these mini robots because they are SO STINKIN COOL! Kids will learn coding and programming skills with this STEM miniature robot that works on the command of paper and colored markers. Learning how to control Ozobot is easy, through color codes with just regular paper and four primary color markers. Then your child can advance with exciting DIY and STEM activities that are as limitless as your child’s own creativity. Finally, they will master with technology and have hours of fun using Ozobot apps and web-based games and challenges. Ozobot.com or Amazon.com, retail $59.95 and up
7. SoYoung Toddler backpack in Scooter Red – Be Still My Heart. This precious backpack is great for going to Nana’s house or pretend travel with. Designed to please not just the toddler but their parents too! Roomy enough for the things a preschooler needs – a pair of shoes, a change of clothes, and of course, something for Show and Tell! Check out a variety of colors and animal themes your little one will love. Amazon.com , retail $39
8. Little Passports Adventure Kits (monthly subscription) – When I tell you that my twins literally STALK the mail lady for this monthly box, I mean it. You absolutely, positivity cannot go wrong with a Gift subscription to Little Passports! It’s fun, educational, and it lasts all year long. They have adventures for ages 3 and up and focus on a variety of topics like Science Expeditions, Early Explorers and World Editions! This is a great gift especially for Nana or Grandparents to give a monthly surprise even when they can’t be there! One of the best things that I have ordered for my daughters is the Early Explorer box. Even my husband who teaches World History thinks these kits are awesome to initial life long learning early on. Grab a subscription for your little Globe Trotter during Little Passport’s HUGE Black Friday Sale! LittlePassports.com , retail starting at 17.95 per month
9. VTech Kidizoom Smartwatch DX in Royal Blue – This is a hit for all kiddos on Santa’s nice list this year! VTech created a smarter kids watch with more fun games and activities; interactive kids watches feature 3 fun activities, 5 games, 3 action challenges and a motion sensor. In addition to the alarm, timer and stopwatch, the VTech Kidizoom smart watch has 2 new tools including a calendar feature and a calculator so your child can work out simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division problems. Plus its sweat proof , water resistant and durable to last through any of those rough and tumble kiddo activities. Amazon.com , retail $49 – $54
10. Educational Insights Nancy B’s Science Club Moonscope – This is a winner in anyone’s book! Nancy B’s Moonscope was voted winner of the Parents’ Choice Silver Award, Parents Magazine Best Toys of the Year, National Parenting Center Seal of Approval, and Toy of the Year finalist. Your child can take a tour of the nighttime sky, with visits to Saturn, Jupiter, and even the mountain ranges on the moon! Includes MoonScope with 18x and 90x magnifications, 4 mm and 20 mm all-glass eyepieces, finder scope, moon filter, tripod, and 22-page activity journal to log your celestial adventures. This is a great gift to promote your child’s love of science and learning! Amazon.com , retail $32.42
I hope this 2016 Not-So-Toy Holiday Gift Guide helps you in your quest to find the perfect gifts that promote learning and play without cluttering your home full of toys. Consider donating to your local Toys For Tots campaign and help provide a child in need with some of the above gifts as well. You can search for a Toys For Tots drop off location near you HERE!